The Youth Community Living Support Service (YCLSS) is a community mental health service for young people aged 15 to 24. The program provides case management and psychosocial support, working to promote recovery and positive change.
Wellways has been providing this service to young people living in the South Western Sydney and Northern NSW Local Health Districts (LHDs) since 2015. From mid-October 2021, Wellways will begin delivering the YCLSS service in the Hunter New England (Newcastle), Western Sydney and Nepean Blue Mountains LHDs. YCLSS participants currently supported by Flourish Australia will be supported to transition to Wellways.
YCLSS is an outreach service, which means we can work with you in your home or in the community. Founded on early intervention principles, YCLSS minimises the risk of you developing chronic disability requiring frequent hospital admissions, long inpatient stays and long-term care, by helping you remain connected to your community and engaged in education and employment. The program aims to assist your family and carers in building and maintaining a positive relationship with you.
We help you identify areas in your life where you would like to make positive change and then provide you with the support to develop strategies and access resources to achieve your goals. This process is driven by you and developed in partnership with your family and treating team.
YCLSS can help you:
- Live independently in the community
- Manage your mental health and wellbeing
- Improve your resilience and social connections
- Develop positive self-identity and self-esteem
- Manage everyday tasks and improve living skills
- Access employment, education or training
- Sustain accommodation
- Participate in community activities
- Build and strengthen family and friendship networks
- Develop strategies to manage safety and risk
To be eligible for YCLSS you must:
- be aged between 16 and 24 years (inclusive)
- be clinically managed or treated by a Local Health District community mental health service
- have, or be at risk of developing, significant functional disability
- have provided informed consent to participate in the program
Referrals are made by your clinical manager. All referrals are reviewed and considered based on eligibility.
If you are eligible, we will meet with you to:
- provide more information about the program
- identify areas you would like to work on
- discuss how we would work together
For more information, please contact Wellways on 1300 111 400.
YCLSS is funded by the NSW Ministry of Health and delivered in partnership by Wellways and the Northern NSW, South Western Sydney, Nepean Blue Mountains, Western Sydney and Hunter New England Local Health Districts.