The Youth Community Living Support Service (YCLSS) is a community mental health service for young people aged 16 to 24, living in the South West Sydney and Northern NSW regions of NSW. The program provides case management and psychosocial support, working to promote recovery and positive change.
YCLSS is an outreach service, which means we can work with you in your home or in the community. Founded on early intervention principles, YCLSS minimises the risk of you developing chronic disability requiring frequent hospital admissions, long inpatient stays and long-term care, by helping you remain connected to your community and engaged in education and employment. The program aims to assist your family and carers in building and maintaining a positive relationship with you.
We help you identify areas in your life where you would like to make positive change and then provide you with the support to develop strategies and access resources to achieve your goals. This process is driven by you and developed in partnership with your family and treating team.
YCLSS can help you:
- Live independently in the community
- Manage your mental health and wellbeing
- Improve your resilience and social connections
- Develop positive self-identity and self-esteem
- Manage everyday tasks and improve living skills
- Access employment, education or training
- Sustain accommodation
- Participate in community activities
- Build and strengthen family and friendship networks
- Develop strategies to manage safety and risk
To be eligible for YCLSS you must:
- be aged between 16 and 24 years (inclusive)
- be clinically managed or treated by a Local Health District community mental health service
- have, or be at risk of developing, a functional limitation due to mental health issues
- have provided informed consent to participate in the program
Referrals are made by your clinical manager. All referrals are reviewed and considered based on eligibility. If you are eligible, we will meet with you to:
- provide more information about the program
- identify areas you would like to work on
- discuss how we would work together
YCLSS is funded by the NSW Ministry of Health and delivered in partnership by Wellways, the Northern NSW Local Health District Mental Health Service and the South West Sydney Local Health District Mental Health Service.
For more information, please contact Wellways on 1300 111 400.