What is Youth Residential Rehabilitation (YRR)?
YRR is a recovery program for young people aged between 16 to 24 years of age who are experiencing mental health challenges.
How YRR can help
While staying at Kuna Bim you will be supported by Wellways program staff to develop day-to-day living skills and work on your identified goals around employment, education, community and family engagement and improving overall health.
- a safe and supportive environment
- support to develop independent living skills
- support to identify your goals and develop a plan to achieve them
- access to staff assistance
- opportunities to link to education, training, work opportunities, volunteering opportunities, social networks
- social and community interaction
- an active program, encouraging a range of physical, social, creative, community and spiritual activities
The program supports you to work towards independent living by offering residential accommodation and daily support for up to 12 months. The program includes live-in accommodation at Kuna Bim within walking distance of the CBD in Warrnambool.
How to access YRR
To access the YRR program you will need to be referred by Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO). They can be contacted on 1300 022 760.
The YRR program is for:
- young people aged 16-24 at risk of mental health issues
- people with barriers to accessing:
- employment opportunities
- social networks/community
- young people wanting to work towards independent living
- There is a fortnightly utility fee ($50). This includes accommodation, electricity, water, gas and WiFi expenses
- You will be responsible for purchasing your own food and other living expenses
If you need any information feel free to call us on 03 5560 3050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and delivered by Wellways Australia.