The program provides intensive case management and psychosocial support for up to 18 months.
Participants are supported to live independently, manage everyday tasks, participate in community activities and develop life skills.
How we work
DECO works with participants to:
- manage mental health and wellbeing
- access employment, education or training
- build and strengthen relationships with family and friends
- improve living skills
- access and sustain accommodation
- reduce re-offending
- improve skills and confidence in managing crisis.
What we provide
Practical support includes assistance with accessing clinical services, meeting bail or release conditions as well as attending court, probation and parole, or other similar appointments. You will be provided with an opportunity to access SMART recovery and Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) counselling, and linkages to community supports to assist with reintegration into the community.
To be eligible for DECO
- be aged between 16 and 65 years
- have a diagnosed mental illness
- have come into contact with the justice system
- be clinically managed or treated by an ACT MHJHAD Service or a GP.
Referrals are made by the participant’s Clinical Manager, Clinician or Corrective Services Case Manager.
If the individual being referred meets the eligibility criteria, they will be contacted by the DECO program coordinator, who will meet with them for further assessment.
For more information, please contact Wellways on 1300 111 400.
DECO is funded by ACT Health and delivered in partnership between Wellways, Karralika Alcohol and Drug Programs Inc, and Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and Drug Services (MHJHADS).