On a three-yearly cycle, Wellways participates in a third-party accreditation audit, conducted by the Quality Innovation Performance program (QIP). Our most recent audit was June 2015, where we were accredited by QIP against the:
- Quality Improvement Council Health and Community Services Standards (QIC Standards)
- Department of Health and Human Services (Victoria)
- Human Services Standards (HSS)
- National Standards for Mental Health 2010 (NSMHS)
- Home Care Common Standards
We performed well against the QIC standards and the auditors awarded us ‘EXCEEDED’ ratings for:
- Financial Management System
- Community and Capacity Building
Together, these standards meet the quality and safety requirements of all funders, including the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
Wellways is also a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). In 2012, our RTO was audited and deemed compliant by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) against the Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations 2011. Our RTO is re-audited and re-registered every five years through ASQA.