The Way Home program focuses on assisting you to find a stable home to support you with your recovery. We work with you to understand your housing needs and support you to develop the skills, confidence and ability to manage your tenancy.
How The Way Home works
The Way Home is a short-term program which will work with you and your NDIS team to support you in finding and securing a home in either community housing or private rental. Your The Way Home worker will meet with you and your care team regularly to assist you in developing your tenancy skills to maintain your home.
What we provide
- support to find a home and sign a lease
- weekly support to help build your confidence as a tenant
- assistance to source essential items to establish your home if needed
- assistance to set up your rent and utility payments and to maintain your property
- education to your NDIS team to identify and overcome any barriers to maintaining a tenancy
- help to transition your housing supports from The Way Home to your NDIS Team
- the opportunity to provide feedback about the program through surveys and interviews
Who can enter The Way Home program
To be eligible for referral to The Way Home, you need to:
- be homeless or at risk of homelessness
- have a psychosocial disability
- have a current NDIS package and currently receiving NDIS support services within Geelong, central highlands or north east Melbourne (Darebin, Whittlesea and Nillumbik)
- be willing to accept weekly support from a Housing Worker to understand your housing needs and support you to develop the skills, confidence and ability to manage your tenancy
How to refer
The Way Home is currently accepting referrals.
Download and fill out our referral form and submit your form to email@example.com.
To find out more about the referral process or how The Way Home works call our team on 1300 111 400.