Organisations can significantly improve the lives of people affected by mental health issues, including families, friends and carers with Discovery.
Becoming a Wellways peer learning partner provides peer workers with an opportunity to access peer training with experienced mentors, strengthening knowledge and skills on peer support.
Peer facilitators attend a five-day training course to become accredited. Re-accreditation occurs every two years. Training is held annually in Tasmania, Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland virtually or in-person in your state or territory as arranged.
Wellways provides partner organisations with:
- the support to deliver Wellways Discovery
- training, accreditation and re-accreditation of peer facilitators
- program resources, such as session plans and PowerPoint slides
- access to electronic marketing materials, which allow for dual branding
- quality ongoing support to facilitators through group supervision, web-based support and direct contact
- oversight, analysis and publication of evaluation results and research findings.
If you are interested in becoming a Wellways partner organisation, please contact Wellways on 1300 111 400.