“Thought, Talk, Tackle” aims to help people who need support to connect with those around them that can provide assistance. This does not necessarily mean professionals, it includes everyday people who are passionate about providing care and support where they can.
This campaign is sport focused and encourages sporting clubs in the Murrumbidgee region to build knowledge and skills in:
- Knowing how to recognise if someone is not coping, is stressed or overwhelmed
- How to have safe conversations about wellbeing and mental health concerns
- Understanding and knowing how to link people with the right supports
Wellways support could involve a number of initiatives such as:
- Lived experience presentation to your team or club with a strong focus on recovery and help seeking
- Assisting with awareness raising events that help guide you and members of your club in how to connect with those you may be worried about
- Facilitation and access to more formal, evidence based training with a focus on suicide intervention
For further information on Thought, Talk, Tackle please contact Wellways on 1300 111 400, or at email@example.com
Need help now?
If you are looking for emergency support for you or someone else, please call 000 immediately
Other support numbers include;
Wellways gratefully acknowledges the support of the Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network. This program has been made possible through funding provided by the Australian Government under the PHN program.