What is a Home Care Package?
The Australian Government’s My Aged Care Home Care Package program helps fund the services you need to assist you to live independently in your own home for as long as you choose.
There are four levels of home care packages:
- Level 1 - basic care needs
- Level 2 - low-level care needs
- Level 3 - intermediate care needs
- Level 4 - high-level care needs
Each level receives a different subsidy which is paid to your selected approved home care provider like Wellways to cover the costs of services and care delivery. If your personal circumstances allow, it is expected that you will contribute to the cost of your care.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible for a Home Care Package if you are:
- 65 years or older (50 years or older if you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander) and you need some extra support to help you to stay in your home
- over 65 and are a person with a disability who no longer qualifies for funding under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- a younger person with a disability, dementia or other special care needs that are not met through other specialist services
To find out if you are eligible for a Home Care Package My Aged Care website or call 1800 200 422.
How do I access a Home Care Package?
After you speak with a My Aged Care consultant, they will arrange an assessment by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) in Queensland and NSW or an Aged Care Assessment Services (ACAS) in Victoria for a Home Care Package. This assessment will determine if you are eligible for a home care package and which package level best meets your care needs.
Once you have been accessed as eligible for a Home Care Package, you can then choose Wellways to provide your services by contacting us on 1300 363 898.
What services can I receive?
Wellways are committed to ensuring you receive the right services to meet your needs and preferences.
Through your Wellways Home Care Package you can access a range of services which may include assistance with:
- personal care services like help with bathing, getting dressed and grooming
- social activities
- household jobs like cleaning or gardening
- modifications to your home like rails or ramps
- equipment like walking frames
- nursing, clinical and Allied Health services, which include occupational therapists, physiotherapists, dieticians and podiatrists
What is Consumer-Directed Care?
Your Wellways Home Care Package is delivered on a Consumer Directed Care (CDC) basis. This gives you maximum choice and control over your services to ensure they meet your individual needs so you can live a more active and independent life.
You can choose how much involvement you want to have in managing your care package. Wellways will provide ongoing monitoring and reviews of your package so if your circumstances change we can adjust your care plan to better suit your needs.
What will it cost me?
The Australian Government through My Aged Care provides a subsidy towards a package of care, including services and case management to meet your personal needs. Each level of home care package provides a different subsidy amount. If you are eligible for a home care package you are expected to contribute to the cost of your care and services if you can afford to do so.
Costs are different for care at home provided under the Home Care Packages Program and the Commonwealth Home Support Programme. Call us on 1300 363 898 and we can help you understand what is applicable to your situation or you can find out more about subsidy rates on the My Aged Care website.
Wellways will provide you with a personalised budget so you know how your package is funded and helps you keep track of how your individual budget is spent through monthly income and expense statements.
Contact Wellways on 1300 363 898 or via email for more information about charges or to organise a free home visit.