The Murrumbidgee Suicide Prevention Program, delivered by Wellways, hopes to help build resilient, supported families and communities which help prevent suicide-related concerns and deaths in the Murrumbidgee region.
Wellways wants to hear from organisations or community groups who would like to partner with us and be involved in the prevention of suicide.
Help us create communities of hope and support by taking action to help prevent suicide in your community.
Get involved by:
- registering or organising suicide prevention and intervention education and training
- developing, promoting and supporting life affirming programs that encourage community connection
- encouraging and being involved in help seeking and awareness raising projects
- supporting media campaigns and local support initiatives
- attending and being present at local events and festivals
Whether it’s your workplace, sports club, school, church, public service or neighbourhood group, Wellways would like to hear from you.
Getting involved and staying connected are protective factors and help build resilient communities.
Don’t wait until a crisis occurs before taking action. Let’s create a suicide safe community together.
For more information or to register your interest, please email us or call Wellways 1300 111 400.
Need urgent assistance?
- Dial 000 or go to a hospital emergency department
- Wellways Helpline 1300 111 500 (Monday to Friday 9am-9pm, excluding public holidays)
- Accessline 1800 800 944
- Lifeline (24 hours) 13 11 14
- MensLine 1300 78 99 78
- Suicide Call Back Service (24 hours) 1300 659 467
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
Creating Suicide Safe Communities is funded by Murrumbidgee PHN. The Primary Health Networks Program is an Australian Government Initiative.