What is Connect for Wellness?
Connect for Wellness is a unique support program intended for people living with severe and persistent mental health issues. You will receive free access to psychologist appointments and are matched with a specially trained peer worker – someone who has personal experience of mental health issues – to support you in your recovery.
This community-based program is only available if you live in south-western Sydney.
Is Connect for Wellness for me?
Connect for Wellness will support you every step of the way. It will suit you if you:
- live with severe and persistent mental health issues;
- are not already seeing a psychologist;
- are at risk of hospitalisation;
- are aged older than 16;
- live in the south-western Sydney areas of Liverpool, Campbelltown, Fairfield, Bankstown, Camden, Wollondilly and Wingecarribee.
Connect for Wellness works by giving you:
- improved access to psychological treatment, including therapy group options;
- a peer worker to assist with access to psychological therapy, including peer education group programs, and as a vital and consistent form of support throughout the program;
- assistance in learning about your mental health condition as part of ongoing psychological support;
- flexibility to ensure the services you receive match your needs.
This service is supported by funding from South Western Sydney PHN through the Australian Government’s PHN Program.
How do I access the program?
You can register your interest for the Connect for Wellness program directly by filling out the form below. You can also be referred by your doctor.
You can contact Wellways Australia to enquire about the service on 02 4666 0512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.