Social Inclusion Week (26 November to 3 Decemeber 2017) aims to help all Australians feel included and valued, giving everyone the opportunity to participate fully in society. During Social Inclusion Week, Wellways is asking the community to support our advocacy campaign:
Homes for everyone. Housing is a human right.
#rentalmyths #mythbusting #homesforeveryone
Wellways is calling for the continued funding of capacity-building housing services such as Doorway, which utilises the private rental market to assist those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and have mental health issues.
For each day of Social Inclusion Week Wellways will be busting rental myths.
You can show your support by:
- downloading the myths and busts below and sharing them on social media
- sharing the video below on social media
- sending us an email and telling us in a couple of lines why you support housing programs such as Doorway. We will post your support on our website
- writing to your local MP or a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Tell them who you are and why you think it’s important everyone should have a home. Get more tips here
- becoming a member of our advocacy community
Read more about the Wellways Doorway program.