What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will support a better life for hundreds of thousands of Australians with a significant and permanent disability or a severe and enduring mental health issue, as well as their families and carers. The NDIS will mean peace of mind for every Australian—for anyone who has or might acquire a disability.
Preparing for the NDIS
The introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme is one of the biggest social changes of our times. Accessing the scheme might seem complicated and overwhelming at first, but there are numerous ways to get prepared.
Our NDIS services
Wellways Services can be purchased through NDIS funding.
NDIS supports fall into three categories:
We are experienced in support coordination and support connection, as we have local knowledge and strong links to the community.
The support we offer includes:
- assistance with day to day activities, such as household tasks, meal preparation, light housekeeping and grocery shopping
- transport to and from activities, appointments and meetings
- support to connect and participate in the community, getting out and about and catching up with friends
- travel training
- support to learn new skills, at home or in the community
- assistance with personal care such as showering, dressing and medication
- case management, support coordination and clinical support services.
You can find more information about the NDIS and eligibility requirements on the NDIS website.