How to transition to Wellways
Wellways has been working to assist people to recover and build fulfilling lives in the community for almost 40 years. We are looking forward to meeting with you and your support worker, carer or family member to help you transition to Wellways. We understand change can be difficult and we will work closely with your support worker, your family or carer and your existing service provider to ensure there is a smooth transition to our program. The decision to transition sits with you and engaging with Wellways is voluntary.
Wellways staff are meeting with the Local Health District and existing HASI and RRSP service providers to discuss what arrangements need to be put in place to ensure support continues for you and to make the change as easy as possible for you.
Your current service provider will contact you to inform you about the process and provide you with information on how to contact Wellways. They will also seek your consent for Wellways to contact you.
Your privacy will be maintained throughout the process and your information will only be shared once you have given your consent.
How we work
HASI and RRSP are recovery focused support services. This means Wellways supports individuals to recognise and take responsibility for their own recovery and wellbeing and to define their goals, wishes and aspirations.
What we provide
Supports delivered under HASI and RRSP encompass a wide range of activities that build independence in daily life and contribute to recovery, including:
- recovery planning
- assistance with improving your daily living skills (self-care, cleaning, shopping, cooking and transport)
- support as required to maintain tenancies
- assistance with accessing local health services, including general practitioners, alcohol and drug services, aged care support, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and dentists
- assistance with accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) or aged care services
- developing relationships and accessing local social support and welfare services
- identifying and accessing local community social, leisure, and recreation activity opportunities
- facilitating access to education, vocational training and employment
- providing culturally competent and accessible services to improve emotional and social wellbeing
- engagement with groups with diverse needs including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people
- refugees and other culturally and linguistically diverse groups
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex communities
How can I find out more about Wellways?
Wellways will provide as many opportunities as possible for you to access relevant information so you are comfortable about making the change to our services.
Opportunities to gain further information include:
- updates on our website
- local information sessions
- opportunities to meet one-on-one to discuss our service and the process for transition
- communication from current provider
- Wellways Helpline. Call 1300 111 500 between 9am and 9pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) for a confidential discussion
For more information, send us an email or call us on 1300 111 400.