Wellways Australia brings you Duo, a peer education program for carers, family and friends of people with co-occuring mental health issues and alcohol and other drug use.
The program aims to provide carers and family members:
• Increased support and education.
• Up-to-date information about mental health and alcohol or other drug use.
• Understand the interaction of drug/alcohol use and mental health.
• Increase their knowledge of current local support options.
• Share and learn from the experiences of others in a supportive environment that promotes learning, self- care and positive action.
• Develop ongoing support networks.
Learn about mental health and alcohol or other drug use with others who have had similar experiences.
> Developed for carers by carers.
> Facilitated by carer peer workers.
> A four-session program of four hours each session.
> Small group program.
This service is supported by funding from Murray PHN through the Australian Government’s PHN Program.