Wellways LGBTIQ+ My Recovery is a peer education and support program for LGBTIQ+ people experiencing mental health issues. The program is led by LGBTIQ+ peers – trained people who have their own lived experience of mental health issues and recovery.
The Snapshot LGBTIQ+ My Recovery program is a four session program. It provides people an opportunity to:
- Learn about mental illness, mental health and recovery
- Explore ways to improve social and emotional wellbeing
- Develop communication and advocacy skills
- Find ways to challenge stigma and discrimination
- Share and learn from other’s experiences
- Develop ongoing support networks