Wellways Australia brings you Duo, a peer education program for carers, family and friends of people with co-occuring mental health issues and alcohol and other drug use.
The program aims to provide carers and family members:
- Increased sup port and education.
- Up-to-date information about mental health and alcohol or other drug use.
- Understand the interaction of drug/alcohol use and mental health.
- Increase their knowledge of current local support options.
- Share and learn from the experiences of others in a supportive environment that promotes learning, self-care and positive action.
- Develop ongoing support networks.
Learn about mental health and alcohol or other drug use with others who have had similar experiences.
>Developed for carers by carers.
>Facilitated by carer peer workers.
>Small group program.