Wellways Building a Future is a 12-session mental health education and support program for families, friend and carers of someone experiencing mental health issues. The program is led by peers – trained people who have their own lived experience as a family member, friend or carer.
Building a Future provides families and friends with:
- up-to-date mental health information
- strategies and skills to improve wellbeing and relationships
- knowledge and support from others with similar experiences
- information and strategies on accessing services and supports
- an opportunity to explore self-care and family wellbeing
- a chance to connect with others in a supportive environment