Wellways’ advocacy mission is to identify and address the key issues relating to mental health recovery and social inclusion. We make sure the people affected most by these issues have a say in the future of mental health in Australia - consumers, families and carers, workers, and community members. We listen to what you care about and what you think will make a difference, and we work with you to make sure government gets the message.
Why become an advocacy member?
Wellways needs to hear the experiences and ideas of people who have lived experiences of mental health challenges, and from families, workers and interested community members. There is strength in numbers, and when we join our voices together it helps us advocate for better outcomes.
As a Wellways’ advocacy member you will contribute to improve mental health systems and educate the community so that every person can access the support and understanding they need, and the dignity and respect they deserve.
Wellways' advocacy members benefit from:
- subscription to Wellways eNews
- regular updates on policy and reform in the sector
- an opportunity to contribute to key industry consultations
- systemic advocacy campaigns that influence state and federal elections
- networking opportunities
- invitations to advocacy events
- and a greater influence on service delivery.