The Wellways Doorway program is a housing option for people who are homeless and have mental health issues. The program utilises the private rental market and promotes choice, sustainability and social inclusion. Doorway participants not only receive assistance to find a house, they are supported to make plans for the future, build relationships and explore work or study options.
Wellways is asking you to support our advocacy campaign:
Homes for everyone. Housing is a human right.
#rentalmyths #mythbusting #homesforeveryone
Wellways is calling for the continued funding of capacity-building housing services such as Doorway. We are promoting Doorway’s success by busting myths about using the private rental market as a solution for homelessness.
You can show your support by:
- downloading the myths and busts below and sharing them on social media
- sharing the video below on social media
- sending us an email and telling us in a couple of lines why you support housing programs such as Doorway. We will post your support on our website
- writing to your local MP or a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Tell them who you are and why you think it’s important everyone should have a home. Get more tips here
- becoming a member of our advocacy community
Read more about the Wellways Doorway program.