From April 2020 the new service delivery model designed by carers, for carers to help them get the support they need early, before reaching crisis point should be fully implemented and operational. Wellways is the lead agency in the delivery of the new carer services in Queensland and the NSW areas of South West Sydney and Nepean Blue Mountains and supported by our consortia partners Dementia Australia, Little Dreamers, North-West Rural Health and Selectability.
Services will be delivered under the new delivery model
Carer Gateway Service Providers will give carers access to:
- carer support and planning
- in-person and phone-based coaching, counselling and in person peer support
- information and advice
- targeted financial support packages with a focus on employment, education, respite and transport
- access to emergency crisis support
- assistance with navigating relevant, local services available to carers through federal, state and local government and non-government providers, including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), My Aged Care and palliative care.
How to access the new carer services
We encourage you to register your interest in the new Carer Gateway Support Services by completing the expression of interest form below. You will receive information, news and updates through regular emails.
Staying with your current carer services provider
Carers in Queensland and the New South Wales areas of South West Sydney and Nepean Blue Mountains can continue to access support through their current service providers until the new Carer Gateway Service Providers are established and operational in April 2020.