Our Modern Slavery Statement has been developed by Wellways Australia Limited to meet the reporting requirements of the Modern Slavery Act 2018.
This is Wellways’ first Modern Slavery Statement and covers the reporting period from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020. The statement describes the steps we have taken during that reporting period to identify, assess and manage the risk of modern slavery in our operations and supply chains. It also provides commentary on the success of these actions.
The Act specifies that Modern Slavery Statements address seven mandatory criteria, which are:
- identify the reporting entity (Wellways)
- describe our structure, operations and supply chains
- describe the risks of modern slavery practices in our operations and supply chains
- describe our actions to assess and address these risks, including due diligence and remediation processes
- describe how we assess the effectiveness of these actions
- describe the process of consultation with any entities we own or control
- provide any other relevant information.
Our statement was approved by our board in March 2021.